Thought for the Week: Change
Can people change or do we judge them by past deeds?
Rev Nick Hutchinson, member of the Christian Faith.
2. Woking Debates' next topic is 'After Covid is austerity inevitable?' and will take place via Zoom on Saturday 5th September at 11am. Details to follow soon. To join the debates, contact their Chairman, Keith Scott on 01483 824 980, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website
3. Members' Online Faith Services
ChristChurch, Woking: Sunday at 10.15am via their website. Email email@example.com
Church of the Good Shepherd, Pyrford (Church of St Nicholas & Parish of Wisley with Pyrford): Sunday at 10am via their website. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hindu's, Surrey Hindu Cultural Association: Weekly meeting via whatsapp. Visit their website or email email@example.com
St Dunstan's Catholic Church, Woking: Vigil Mass Saturday 6pm; Portuguese Mass Saturday 7.45pm; Sunday Services 9am, 10.30am, 5.50pm; Italian Mass Sunday 12pm; Daily Mass 10am all streamed via their website or email wokingabdiocese.org.uk
St John's Church, St John's: Sunday at 10am via their website. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
St Paul's Church, Woking: Sunday at 10.30am via Facebook. Visit their website or email email@example.com
St Peter's Church, Old Woking: Sunday at 10am via their website. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Trinity Methodist Church, Woking: Sunday Morning Worship 10am via Zoom and in church from 9th August 2020. Junior Church via Zoom 11am. Foundry (Informal) Worship every two weeks in church, times on their website. Open for private prayer every Wednesday morning. Email email@example.com to access the Zoom links.
Woking Quaker Meeting: Sunday at 10.30am. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details or visit their website.
Woking United Reformed Church: Sunday at 10.30am via Facebook. Visit their website or email email@example.com
4. Sign up to receive Woking Borough Council's Enewsletter here We cannot predict the future and as we are entering the ‘new normal’ with the possibility of a ‘local lockdown’ happening and a general air of uncertainty still prevailing, WBC understand the need to have a chain of communication open with as many people as possible to ensure that should the situation in Woking take a turn for the worse, they are able to get a call to action out to as many people as possible, in as quick a time as possible. The newsletter was developed during the height of the pandemic but as lockdown has eased, more general Council activity is starting to be included, thus meaning that moving forward into calmer climes, should you wish to remain subscribed, you will also be kept up to date with other news that may be of interest to you.
5. Churches Together in Woking held prayers on Sunday 31st May 2020 in Woking's Town Centre. ChristChurch, St Mary of Bethany, St Paul's, St Dunstan's, URC, New Life, Emmaus Road and Welcome Church are all included in the You Tube clip which can be viewed here
6. The Inter Faith Network shares Covid-19 messages and prayers from Faith Leaders here.
7. Community Foundation for Surrey have launched The Coronavirus Response Fund to support local charities and voluntary organisations that are assisting some of Surrey's most vulnerable people. Please see this link for further information.
8. Healthwatch Surrey is an independent organisation which empowers the people of Surrey to share their experiences of health and social care to help improve services. They particularly want to hear your experiences during lockdown and as we slowly see restrictions lifted. Every story really counts. They look forward to hearing from you. Use this link
9. One of our Trustees, Philip Goldenberg has written a book: 'Walking Through Different Worlds: Annoying People For Good'. There is a chapter describing the work Philip has done with Woking People of Faith.
10. Trevor Aldridge, Pianist / Organist for events in Woking and surrounding area is available for all faiths/secular, etc. Fees on request. Phone 01483 766112 for further information.
11. The Vocal Excellence in Ministry Choir Program has been put together by multi-award winning Gospel singer Rachel Kerr, who is the founder of Singercise. The online program has over 100 hours of material, 15+ different course and gives choir members 24/7 access to vocal coaching support and is heavily discounted for choirs. For more info, click here.
12. Diabetes UK are looking for Community Champions in our area. You can help people in your community improve their health by taking diabetes seriously, inspire them to reduce their risk of diabetes, or manage their diabetes better - and build up your own skills and confidence. Diabetes UK will give you all the training and confidence you'll need to make a real difference. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 138 1639 for further information.
Saturday 15th August 2020 Ladies' Coffee Morning
Our next Ladies' Zoom Coffee Morning will be held on ...
Saturday 26th September 2020 International Day of Peace Event
AFTER CAREFUL CONSIDERATION, WE HAVE DECIDED TO CANCEL THIS EVENT ...
Thursday 12th November 2020 What Are Religions Doing About Race Inequality?
Join us as speakers from Baha'i, Islam, Christian, Jewish and ...