Aims and Objectives
To promote religious harmony for the benefit of the public in Woking and environs.
The purpose of Woking People of Faith is to promote community and religious harmony for the benefit of the public in Woking and environs (hereinafter referred to as “Woking”).
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, it shall
- celebrate the important contribution that religious faith makes to the lives of the local community;
- seek to secure a more prominent role for faith organisations in their communities; and
- promote good relations between people of different faiths;
- advance the education and understanding of different beliefs including an awareness of their distinctive features and their common ground;
- promote knowledge, mutual understanding and respect of the beliefs and practices of different faiths.
Our main activities include:
Deliver public meetings, develop programmes such as educational visits, sport events and community service.
Saturday 21st September 2019 International Day of Peace
Our annual International Day of Peace celebration. Please see ...
Sunday 13th October 2019 Prayer Vigil For Refugees
To be held at United Reformed Church, White Rose Lane ...
View All Events