The NHS COVID 19 App was launched on 24 September.
Some types of venues are legally required to display a NHS COVID 19 App QR poster. These are:
• Places of worship
• Tourism and Leisure – museums, galleries, gyms, leisure centres
• Local authority buildings
• Hospitality – bars, restaurants, hotels, cafes
• Close contact services
• Where an event is taking place in a physical location
The app functionality does a number of things. https://covid19.nhs.uk/what-the-app-does.html
- support traditional test and trace methods
- inform the public of rising rates in their postcode area
- alert them if they’ve been in contact with someone who has tested positive (even if they don’t know them)
- provide a ‘checking in’ function based on QR codes displayed in venues and public spaces
- allow people to check their symptoms, and book a test if they need one
This kit provides information about how to download and display a QR poster in your venue. Including some suggested social media assets for businesses to let residents know that businesses are playing their part by having their QR code posters ready. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/businesses-urged-to-prepare-for-nhs-covid-19-app
https://www.gov.uk/create-coronavirus-qr-poster (this is the link for venues to create their QR code)
Head to the following YouTube pages to watch an introduction to the QR code process for businesses https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oJtkzP8zio& and for an introduction to the new app https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp0kHcr_Pi4&feature=youtu.be.
Date: Sunday 1st November 2020
Saturday 20th November 2021 Remembering & Celebrating Lives
Remembering & Celebrating Lives Affected by the Pandemic
Peace Garden ...
Saturday 4th December 2021 Festive Shortbread Cookalong
Festive Winter Shortbread Cookalong
Saturday 4th December, 3pm- 4pm via Zoom